PRINCE2 Foundation (Live VT)
About this Course?
The PRINCE2 project management methodology offers a level of control, communication, focus, and efficiency that has helped businesses enjoy resounding successes across a startling variety of industries and sectors. Earning a PRINCE2 certification also helps project managers enjoy outstanding networking and career progression opportunities. Kickstart your PRINCE2 training today!
Who is this course aimed at?
- Prospective and experienced project managers and directors looking to become fully certified in PRINCE2
- Organizations which seek to adopt PRINCE2 best practices
- Project team members who require a comprehensive understanding of PRINCE2
- Anyone seeking to make a career out of project management
What will you learn by taking this course?
- The key concepts of the PRINCE2 project management methodology
- The purpose and content of the processes, principles, themes, and project environments that make up PRINCE2, as well as the relationships between them
- How PRINCE2 can be tailored to fit projects varying in size, industry, location and so on
- How to apply and adapt PRINCE2 in practice
- The confidence to be able to take on leading roles in project management teams within PRINCE2 environments
Why should you take this course?
- PRINCE2 6th Edition (formerly PRINCE2 2017) is a leading and globally recognized project management methodology
- The course features a practice exam simulator, regular knowledge checks, instructor-led videos, and expert tutor support to help students prepare for their examinations
- The course content was created with help from leading PRINCE2 practitioners and subject matter experts
- It is cheaper and more efficient to study for both PRINCE2 exams as part of a suite
- PRINCE2 is also compatible with other methodologies and frameworks, such as PMP, Agile, and DevOps
- We offer each student 12 months access and FREE exam vouchers, as well as a FREE resit with Exam Pledge (T&C apply)
- This course is fully accredited by PeopleCert on behalf of APMG International
Mr. Arvindh C.
Section 1 Introduction
This module is designed to welcome students to the PRINCE2 6th Edition Foundation course. It includes a navigation video, as well as a course breakdown and lesson plan. Students will also come to understand exactly who can benefit from this course, as well as PRINCE2 in general.
- Introduction to PRINCE2
- Breakdown of the course
- Lesson plan
- Benefits of this course
- Benefits of PRINCE2
Section 2 Basics or Fundamentals
- Basics or Fundamentals
Section 3 Principles
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to Suit the Project
Section 4 Themes
Business Case – Students will be able to explain the purpose of the ‘Business Case’ Theme, including businesses cases and the benefits management approach. They should also be capable of describing PRINCE2’s minimum requirements for applying the Business Case Theme. Finally, they will be able to define the key concepts related to business justification, as well as the differences between them, including:
Section 5 Processes
This module looks at the seven ‘Processes’ of PRINCE2. By the end of the module, students should be able to explain the purpose, objectives and context of each Process, including:
- Starting up a Project (including the purpose of the ‘project brief’)
- Directing a Project (including the purpose of the ‘project initiation documentation (PID)’)
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
Section 6 Case study
- Case study
Section 7 Prince2 Principles
This module will address the Principles of PRINCE2 and how they are applied. By the end of the module, students will be expected to be able to analyze the application of PRINCE2 Principles in different contexts.
section 8 Introduction to Prince2 Themes
Introduction to Prince2 Themes
section 9 Introduction to Prince2 Processes
This module covers the PRINCE2 Process Model. Students will be expected to be able to recall the fundamentals of the Process Model, including how the seven PRINCE2 Processes interact in practice.
section 10 Closing a Project Process
This module covers the Process of ‘Closing a Project (CP)’. Students will learn to carry out the Process activities and recommended associated actions, including:
- Prepare planned closure
- Prepare premature closure
- Hand over products
- Evaluate the project
- Recommend project closure, demonstrating an understanding of the recommended roles and responsibilities within the Process, as well as how the Themes may be applied
section 11 Tailoring PRINCE2® to Project Environment
This module looks at the PRINCE2 practice of ‘Tailoring’. Students will learn about:
- Which aspects of a project can be tailored
- Who is responsible
- How tailoring decisions are documented
This course is designed to fully prepare candidates to sit both the PRINCE2 6th Edition Foundation and PRINCE2 6th Edition Practitioner examinations. You can take the exam online (virtually) using a service provided by PeopleCert.
This course comes with mock exams to help students prepare for the real thing, along with FREE exam vouchers. It is also eligible for Exam Pledge (a free resit on us!) – T&Cs apply. To receive your voucher, please contact the 4PA support team.
You can take your exam online (virtually) at any time using the service provided by PeopleCert. You are advised to take this online test to ensure that your microphone, webcam and internet connection are suitable for PeopleCert online exams.
PRINCE2 6th Edition Foundation exam
- Closed book
- All questions are multiple choice
- There are 60 questions per paper (each worth one mark)
- 33 marks are required to pass (55%)
- Candidates will have one hour (60 minutes) to complete the exam
Online Exam Detail
What is PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 is a project management methodology owned by AXELOS. It offers a best practice framework, helping managers ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
How does PRINCE2 work?
PRINCE2 projects have defined lifecycles and business products, corresponding activities which can achieve them, a specified amount of resources and an organizational structure with strictly defined responsibilities.
At the heart of every PRINCE2 project lies the ‘business case’, which must show that the benefits of the project are worth the effort and expenditure.
How valuable is a PRINCE2 certification?
According to Payscale, certified PRINCE2 users can earn between $53,000 and over $217,000 (or £26,000 and £107,000). Salaries depend on each candidate’s role, level of experience, and location.
How can PRINCE2 benefit businesses?
PRINCE2 offers proven best practices for project management. Users can enjoy greater control, clarity, and focus, with improved stakeholder representation and risk management.
PRINCE2 also relies on the ‘business case’ of a project throughout, to ensure that the project remains viable.
What do I need to know about the PRINCE2 exams?
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam is closed-book. It features 60 multiple-choice questions and lasts 60 minutes. The pass mark is 55%.
After passing this exam, a student can then move on to the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. This is an objective testing exam featuring 68 multiple-choice questions. The exam is open-book, lasts 150 minutes, and has a pass mark of 55%.
Who can use PRINCE2?
With project management being such an essential element of modern business, PRINCE2 can be used by virtually any organization in any industry. It is also extremely useful for both experienced and prospective project managers.
What does the PRINCE2 certification path look like?
Students start with PRINCE2 Foundation. Passing this allows them to move on to PRINCE2 Practitioner. PRINCE2 Agile qualifications can also serve as prerequisites for PRINCE2 exams, and vice versa.
Exam voucher included:
Free resit (T&C apply):
Course duration: 14+ hours
Quizzes & practice exams: